Wednesday, August 31, 2011

Pirate England Color Palette!

Just trying to stay busy with costume ideas here.  Hopefully I can get out and fabric sample/swatch/purchase this weekend, so that I can get this costume off the ground!  Deadline is Oct 1st, or that first weekend.

I just made a quick color-swatch table for my own reference.  It can prove helpful to do this when you're in the early stages of deciding what looks good together.  Therefore, these are the colors I envision when I think of this character in particular.  I threw the green in there for good measure (Mimics the characters striking eyes) just 'cause.  Reds are possible base colors for the coat, blues are perhaps for decorative elements, lining and such, golds for trims, buttons, green for decorative elements (perhaps!)  I might try to purchase the blue in it's darkest form if possible (Closer to black) so that I can use it for the hat as well.  But I could change my mind and make a black hat, too.  Not quite sure until I can swatch in real life!

That's all for now!

-- Ely

No comments:

Post a Comment