Wednesday, March 21, 2012

Commission Project: Pirate England (Hetalia) -- Update V, Pirate Coat

Arrrrrr(o), everyone!

Quick update -- been trying to get around to posting a few photos of the Pirate!England cosplay that I completed to 100% a few weeks ago.  The jeweled pin shown on the back of the collar can be removed, I just threw it on there 'cause it is kinda cool.  I will likely assemble all pieces that have been created for final photos at a later time!  Overall, really super pleased with the whole costume, but at the same time, so relieved to be finished.  I dedicated at least 80-100 hours on the whole project, learned a lot from it, and am happy to see it off to it's home soon.

Pretty excited to see Raven cosplay in her finished ensemble!  The costume is so rich, so I hope she'll feel amazing wearing it as England, and that it'll help her get into swashbuckling spirit. :3 She will be carting it down here in late June, (Already giggling as I think of customs' reaction.) as she will be coming to visit me, and we will also be attending Anime Expo 2012 together!! Really looking forward to spending time with her and am super excite! I hardly ever look forward to summer... so I am happy to at least have this happening!

In personal stuff, feeling kinda down and dowdy lately.  Just been really struggling with my creativity, even though I am forcing myself into new projects already.  'Suppose a break, or rather, Spring Break (That starts next week), should help a bit.  I literally have 95% of the materials I need to start my own costume (Boots will be arriving today, yippies!) but I haven't had the chance to pattern anything as of yet.  I guess I shouldn't get too down, as it's really not a major life problem.  Just feeling that school has been wearing me out a bit.  Getting back into eating healthy, and exercising has been a struggle to commit to, but I will get into the groove of it pretty soon. :3 And with that, I'm out for now, thanks for reading!

-- Ely

FINIS!
  1. Restoration-era coat w/large cuffs, collar & lapels
  2. Poet shirt w/lace cuffs
  3. Pirate Hat w/feathers, ruffled ribbon & trims
  4. Gold epaulets w/tassels
  5. Lacey cravat

2 comments:

  1. It look amazing, Beata!!!! Thank you much for making it for me!! I am very grateful, and I am so excited to wear it!!
    Also, I cannot wait to wear this to AX. I may have to bring two luggages to carry everything but that is okies! LOL
    I am also so excite to come visit!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are very welcome! ^__^ I hope that you'll get a lot of wear out of it!

      Hahaha.. well, if you need to bring an extra bag, it's not a biggie. I think it'd just be an extra $20 for a checked luggage up to 50lbs, so it's not so bad! You might need a little extra room too if you'll buy stuff. If you manage to fit everything in one luggage though, I have extras here that I will never use again... you can just has it if need be. xD (I bought new luggage last year)

      Still thinking you will definitely have to carry on your hat hahaha. People are gonna be like... ? "PIRATE HAT?"

      I am very excite for you visit!! JUNE NAO!!!

      Delete