Monday, July 11, 2011

(Cosplay Ideas) Muramasa: The Demon Blade, and thoughts on HOTD.

NOTE: While I love the game, the designs and whole collective, I've decided that I won't be doing this costume.

Recently my husband started playing 'Muramasa: The Demon Blade', and nonchalantly pointed to Momohime, "You could cosplay her."  I was sort of thinking he was joking, but then it got me thinking.

Yes.  I could totally do that.  I'm all legs here, so it could work!  Not to mention, I've been wanting to dabble in something Japanese-esque, and the design itself is freaking gorgeous.

Looking at the design itself does intimidate me some -- mainly the armor and decor.  Otherwise, it's really just a yukata style outfit with longer sleeves, green obi and knee-socks.  I wonder?

Will this be something I could potentially take on next?  Not sure.  But I love the idea of wearing it!

In other news, we finished up watching 'Highschool of the Dead' a week ago or so.  It was suggested to me by a close friend (Who had interest in cosplaying Kohta Hirano, the gun-nerd) that if we could do a mini-group cosplay, HOTD could be something easy to pull together.  However, looking at the female cast I realize a few things:

A) Going to have to hit the gym and watch the diet if it's something I want to attempt.
B) Gotta bust out a pretty intense push-up bra to do any of the characters justice.
C) Just not sure if it's something I can pull off?

Out of the four doable female characters, I can only see myself going as Rei Miyamoto, or Saeko Busujima.  I'd probably then ask my husband if he'd be interested in doing Takashi Komuro, just 'cause.  But I'm not sure.  The costumes are easy enough, and I keep thinking how awesome it'd be to do some blood spatter distressing on them.  Also, I don't think I could create an actual gun prop... so I'm not sure how cosplaying Rei could work.

-- Elysium

(Saeko on the left, Rei on the right.  Boobs, guns and zombies?  Definitely a win/win combination for viewers!)

2 comments:

  1. HOTD is awesome! And you could totally do Saeko or Rei. I'm not sure if I can do Takashi or not because I'm totally not Asian enough. And he is definitely identifiable as Asian, compared to a character like Rei.

    ReplyDelete
  2. True. I forgot he's very asian. Ah well, it was a fun idea at least! I don't care for Rei as much as Saeko, costume-wise thinking about it.

    But then it wouldn't be as fun to do it if you can't join! Kinda like how in Muramasa, there isn't anything you'd really be able to do, either. :/ Back to the drawing board! Hmm...

    ReplyDelete