Thursday, August 18, 2011

Days go by...

It's difficult to really "dig" into a costume when you're short on money.  As soon as I have some form of budget, I'll be fixing that problem.

In the meantime, I've been dabbling with Photoshop (Trying to learn!) and finished up some line work for Shanoa.  It's not a full body drawing (I'll produce a less detailed one of that later on), and definitely not colored yet, but I'll get there eventually.  I saved the image (Just lo-res for now) with the original pencil scan underneath the pen tool lines, just 'cause I thought it looked cool.
 

I'd like to start on a similar styled drawing for Albus pretty soon as well.

School re-starts on the 29th for me, and while my class load isn't going to be too bad, I took a student position in my costume shop as a foreman, so I know that will change the game.  Though, it won't be half as crazy as last semester, since I'm not designing a show.

At least it'll be busy doing something I love to do, and helping people as well!  (Plus, I'm pretty sure I'd be doing the same thing anyway, paid or no, lol!)

Maybe sometime October I can kick these two costumes into gear.  I'd really like to spend my time on these and not rush.  Deadline is for Anime Expo next year. :3

Outtie for now!

-- Ely

No comments:

Post a Comment