Saturday, September 24, 2011

Commission Project: Pirate England (Hetalia) -- Update II

Hey all,

So I just wanted to post my fabrics for this commission! I'm very pleased with all that was purchased.  The shirt material is not posted here, but I'll have a completed photo of the finished garment soon.  (I had to adjust a couple of things, so the seams are open again and need re-stitching.)


The photos were taken under natural lighting -- should add that the blue (With a hard to see charcoal Italian/Baroque print!) and red fabrics are a fair more vibrant than pictured.

All in all, the red velveteen is for the body of the jacket, blue damask for lining and flipped out lapels & collar, the golden brocade is for the body of the epaulets, as well as the tassels to it's slight left.  The green vintage lace will likely be used for the hat, but that could change as well.

I adore the cravat brooch that I made for this costume! (That big sparkler in the center!)  I found the parts downtown, and set it myself! It is a large crystal gem that harmonizes the colours of the costume perfectly, shining gold, red, green (Arthur's eyes!) and hints of blue.  It was so perfect, I couldn't pass it up.

Other various findings pictured here:
  • Buttons for the coat.
  • White lace for trimmings on the poet shirt.
  • Handmade gold rolled rose for...I dunno! (I made it 'cause maybe it'll look nice somewhere on the hat? Also those pins will come out once it's stitched together.) 
  • Beaded tassel (Was a cool find for .50 cents!)
  • Pile of clear crystal buttons.  (I just threw 'em on the pile because they may or may not be used.)
  • Braided gold gimp (Far right) for lapel details.
  • Satin ribbons (On rolls), and not sure what they will be used for, but had them on hand, so figured they could be useful! (Binding seams?)
Anyways, you get the idea! Everything has been cut for both the jacket and shirt, so we'll see how fast I can get this together.  Kinda apprehensive about the hat at this point.  Don't even want to think about it right now, lol.
Left to build:
  1. Restoration-era coat w/large cuffs, collar & lapels
  2. Poet shirt w/lace cuffs
  3. Pirate Hat w/feathers and lace
  4. Gold epaulets w/tassels
  5. Lacey cravat
Back to resting up (Not feeling well), and perhaps more sewing.  Cheers!


-- Ely

2 comments:

  1. Hi! I was wondering if you could tell me what the material near the braided gimp is called. It looks kind of like suede ribbon to me?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello there! If I'm looking at the right trim in the picture (Just above the gimp?) it's just a poly-ribbed gold trim. Maybe around 5mm wide or so. I used it with the gimp to make a nice detail on the lapels. :3 I can't remember where I bought it exactly though~

      Delete