Saturday, August 27, 2011

Commission Project: Pirate England (Hetalia)

So I was just recently chatting with my best friend from Canada over AIM.  She is a long-time cosplayer, and lately has taken a great liking to Hetalia!  She has been cosplaying as the character Canada for some time, and just recently started doing the same with England.

After a bit of random convo, she brought up her interests in doing a Pirate England cosplay -- but that it would be expensive to order online, and maybe wouldn't be exactly the style she wanted.  Also, since the costume is bit on the interpretive side it makes it just that more difficult. (Official artwork for it is very limited!)

So I offered to take it up! She had wanted me to do Canada's parka, but we set that on the back-burner for now.  Making a pirate outfit should be a lot of fun!  I already have the patterns for it I need, as well as her measurements.  Just need to do some fabric shopping and start!

I will be making her:
  1. Restoration period coat (1600's) with full flared back, high collar and rectangular breast lapels.  Lots of gold buttons, gold trims in varying sizes, etc.
  2. Poet shirt, adorned with lace similarly used from the period.
  3. Gold upholstery brocade military epaulets, (For the shoulders) with tassels.
  4. Large, fluffy cravat with lace that can be detached and reattached easily to the shirt.
  5. Pirate hat, with big feathers.  Prolly will have repeating gold trims from jacket.
Looks like we decided on red low-sheen velvet, a contrasting inner lining (Perhaps royal blue), and probably black velvet for the collar and rectangle lapels.  I suppose we have a lot of artistic freedom with the design, so it should be fun to add my own spin to it as well! (With her approval, of course)

That's all for now.  It's very hot in Los Angeles at the moment, and even with the A/C blasting it's terribly hot still.  Perhaps I will lay down for a while.

Cheers!

-- Ely

4 comments:

  1. ahh! Thank you so much for doing this for me!! I know you will make it awesome!! Because all your stuff is awesome!! I am very thankful!! <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ahhh it will be awesome! And you'll need to get lots of clear shots of you in it for me! I will be taking pictures of it on my mannequin before I mail it to you of course. :3 But it's always nice to have it on the person too!

    And you're very welcome! I want to start asap. D:!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I will definitely make sure to get some good, clear pictures for you!! (Plan to do a shoot down by the harbour!)

    Yay! <3

    ReplyDelete