Saturday, July 30, 2011

Castlevania: OoE wins!

No matter how much I try, there just isn't any way to resist Castlevania.  I've been a fan for far too long, and the idea of wearing something so detailed and unique = I excite!

More or less, I've decided to take on Shanoa & Albus as my next major nerd project.  While I realize this is going to test my patience in many ways over the course of the next few months, I feel confident that I can do them justice.  Plus, I'd love to hone my skills at armor building and also learn how to tool, dye and oil leather by hand.

For goals, I hope to continue my exercise regime, and lose that last 5-10lbs of "plateau" weight.  Honestly, I could do better with my eating habits as well -- not so much in the type of foods (Everything we eat is pretty wholesome and healthy!), but I would like to add more veggies and seafood into the mix.

As far as research goes, I've started a huge folder of reference material already for both costumes.  Next stage will be sketching and planning, a material break down sheet, (With estimations on cost) patterns possibly needed, etc.  Once I figure out which costume I will tackle first, I'll start purchasing my materials both online, and from local sources.

Extras such as wigs, contacts (Yes, I am going all out here!) and shoes/boots will be purchased if they're suitable in my budget, or if I can snag a deal.  I'll end up picking up another roll of Wonderflex sometime in the next few weeks, along with pattern paper.  I have some great ideas for the chest plate/armor, and I am already feeling the need to start.  For the tattoo's, I hope to hand-make stencils (For both the back glyph and smaller bicep ones) and utilize a cosmetic airbrush paint + my airbrush to make it easier.

Really, the idea of taking on Shanoa's armor, and Albus' tooled leather vest + gun are probably the most harrowing points of interest when considering the construction.  Obviously I'm not made of cold hard cash either, so that will also be something nagging in the back of my mind.  Can I somehow manage to put both together for under $300?  I can damn well try, I suppose.

-- Ely

No comments:

Post a Comment