Saturday, July 9, 2011

The post-costume sadness.



When I was a young girl, I remember the times where I'd be watching my favourite cartoon program, and half-way through it I'd look at the clock all forlorn, "Mom... mom, it's almost over..."  Mom would proceed to roll her eyes, "You're only half-way through.  Just enjoy the last of it."

Flash forward and apply this to my life today.  This somewhat melancholy outlook has lost it's grasp on many aspects of my life now, (Can thank my husband for this!) but, when it comes down to my craft I still feel a little bit grey when I finish up a project.  Admittedly, it is hard to wear a costume once (And I'm sure I'll wear some again) after you've put in countless hours crafting it.  But really, to follow my mom's advice, I do truly enjoy what I do, every moment of it.  So I need to learn how to keep myself motivated and happy.

You might be thinking, "So you busted your butt for 30-40 hours.  Aren't you glad to be done with it, and move onto the next?"

Yes, of course I am happy to move on!  Even the costumes I threw together for AX were a source of stress at a couple moments, so I was really happy to be finished with 'em.  At least I know that if I attend another convention, I'll have something to pull from already.

Anyhow, I suppose I'm finally hitting that wall where I know it's already time to start planning something new.  Of course, financial constraints are the largest set-back for starting anything, so until I can afford to devote some money I will be in the research/planning phase.

-- Elysium

No comments:

Post a Comment