Saturday, March 31, 2012

Commission Project: Pirate England (Hetalia) -- Post-Completion Silliness

Hello everyone!

My husband and I did a quick little 'test fitting' (Even though the measurements are incorrect for his body-type) of the Pirate!England commission, and this is what we ended up with.  Actually fit him better than I expected, though the sleeves are a bit short for him, lol.  It's really nice to see how the whole costume comes together, even without added accessories, sashes, jewelry, etc.

It's official, Spring break is here (March 30th-April 10th), and I couldn't be happier.  I actually started preliminary tests on the armor I need to build for my Shanoa costume, and so far so good.  It's been a bit of a tedious process since I'm forming a flat sheet of Wonderflex over a 3D object (My dress-form) but after a few hours I finally got it to work!  I'll probably spend the rest of my weekend figuring out the correct shape, covering it with leather and figuring out the decorative designs as well.  I plan on documenting my whole working progress, so that I can include more detailed progress shots, and perhaps as an end result, even a detailed tutorial for anyone else considering this cosplay!

Wish me luck, and back to my crafty cave for now.

-- Elysium

2 comments:

  1. My little sister would love this. I have never watched Hetalia though. Love the hat!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Katy! I haven't watched any of Hetalia, but my best friend is into it and wanted a pirate version made! So I offered to do it. The hat was my fave to make though! And surprisingly, not too hard to do. :3

      Delete