Friday, February 17, 2012

Commission Project: Pirate England (Hetalia) -- Update IV, Poet Shirt

'Allo thar!

I have just finished up the poet shirt! Woohoo!  This is a larger part of the Pirate England cosplay commission I was charged with creating, and I am happy to announce that I have been able to cross off everything from that list -- but the jacket.  Mostly, that part  has been sewn or is in separate pieces that just need to be attached.  (Collars, cuffs, lapels, etc)  It certainly won't be long until this Hetalia pirate costume is sitting at 100%, and ready to be shipped!

The body of the shirt is crafted from a beautiful mid-weight linen, which was then perm-dyed to a light ecru colour.  The lace around the cuffs and cravat were custom stained using a highly concentrated earl grey and sea salt bath, which I then heat set with an iron.  I enlarged the sleeve pattern for more fullness, and modified the collar to a ruffled stand to exemplify it's stateliness.  ^.~

The cravat is fully removable, (Has a mock collar with hidden snaps) so that the shirt can be worn without it as well.  Not pictured is the slit at the front of the poet shirt, which has brass grommets and lacing!  It is a rather nice detail, even though hidden from view.  I created the brooch for this costume using a large crystal gem, a vintage holder, a flat brooch back, and antique brass chains.  Overall super pleased with the jewelry and glad it did what I wanted it to.  xD;

The poet shirt sits at about 28" inches from shoulder to hem, so it can either be worn un-tucked, belted and bloused out, or tucked in and bloused comfortably.  I didn't want to alter the length too much, but since my client is shorter than I, I took care not make it too long it either. xD;



I hope you like the progress! Fancy Pirate England shirt is definitely fancy.  I am so pleased with how this garment came out and I am excited to see it all together.  Now onto the jacket! Huuuuuuuuu~ <3

Left to do:
  1. Restoration-era coat w/large cuffs, collar & lapels (All are ready to be assembled!)
  2. Poet shirt w/lace cuffs
  3. Pirate Hat w/feathers, ruffled ribbon & trims
  4. Gold epaulets w/tassels
  5. Lacey cravat
Cheers for now, and happy costuming!

-- Elysium

3 comments:

  1. OMG!!! Bea!!! It look amazing!! I seriously cannot wait to wear it! and everything!! I want to wear it now!!! LOL ... You did such an amazing job! Really! I am so very grateful!! I will have to treat you to the most awesomest lunch ever or something when I come to visit again! ^____^

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's no problem!! I have been having a blast with this costume so far. Wait until you see the coat... it's going to blow your socks off your feet like mini-explosions! I am really happy that you are so excited for it... and at least you'll be wearing it soon!!

      Thinking I will baste some removable shoulder pads inside the jacket once finished... just to help boost the manly. I'll do that and if it doesn't look right when worn, I will remove them. x3; I just noticed that since the jacket is 2 layers of material (Velveteen & royal blue jacquard), that the shoulders are sloping just a tad. That might be my dress form not being broad enough there, though.

      Big updates soon! <3!

      Delete
  2. Its so beautiful!!! I wish I was a fraction as talented as you! :D

    ReplyDelete